Company: BDS Marketing, Inc., Irvine, CA
Company Description: BDSmktg is the marketing agency that delivers sales. Our high-performance teams generate sell-through and our client service specialists offer expertise to enhance your marketing strategy. BDS offers Marketing Analytics, Training & Learning Incentives, Market Development, Performance Selling, Brand Advocacy and Merchandising services.
Nomination Category: Company / Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Company of the Year - Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
Nomination Title: Innovative Marketing Services that Achieve Real Results
Tell the story about what this nominated organization achieved since January 1 2011 (up to 500 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
BDSmktg has a long history of providing unparalleled marketing results for their clients at retail. Recognized by the American Business Awards on multiple occasions, BDS has been a winner and finalist for their client marketing teams, training website, and even their own internal campaigns. Founded in 1984, BDS has been focused on driving sales through their retail marketing programs that are customized to each of their clients’ unique needs. Their high-performance field teams are developed to generate sell-through, and their client service specialists are known for their client dedication and marketing strategy expertise.
Driven to continuously innovate their service offerings, BDS’ primary services include: Marketing Analytics, Learning Platforms, Market Development, Performance Selling, Campaigns & Incentives, Assisted Selling & Events, Training & Brand Advocacy, and Merchandising & Installations. Recently, BDS has been dedicated to developing several proprietary services to better serve their clients:
• Retail Performance Index (RPI) – RPI measures 4 categories of retail performance: POP Compliance, Competitive Activity, Promotions and Retail Store Associate Activity. Monitoring these scores allows clients to better understand what is going on at retail for their brand to determine where change is needed.
• Buzz Campaigns – Creative marketing campaigns are used to accompany retail store visits by field teams to engage store associates with the client’s brand. A seasonal campaign is developed to highlight focus SKUs and promotional materials are delivered in person.
• Dimensional Deployment –BDS utilizes this tool to create and assess territory management and field deployment by prioritizing locations and optimizing territory coverage towards the highest sales potential.
BDS proudly services a wide range of world renowned clients including: Brother Corp., Canon, Crocs, Dell, DirectTV, FedEx Office, Hoover, Jawbone, Motorola, Oreck, Sam’s Club, Southern California Edison, Travelpro, Toshiba, Walmart and Vanity Fair.
Achievements in 2011 include:
• Motorola – (Best Marketing Team Winner) BDS was awarded a retail marketing team previously operated by their competitor and the program was named BEST Wireless Advocate Team in the industry, based on an 3rd party study conducted by Motorola.
• Jawbone – BDS field activity has driven a 3:1 revenue on investment and high-touch stores trend 50% higher week to week and as high as 3X the national average.
• Dell – (Best Training Website Winner) In under 3 years, over 14,000 associates registered on LiveandLearnDell.com, there is a 25% monthly growth rate and the site sees a 16:1 ROI. In Q3 2011, BDS delivered a 34:1 ROI on field activity.
• Sam’s Club – (Marketing Team of the Year Finalist) This annual training program has increased Sales Associates’ general product knowledge by 23%. Attachment sales have increased 66% and service offerings sales have increased 75%.
• Canon – (Best Sales Team Finalist) Has partnered with BDS to promote Canon digital imaging products since 1997 with a 3-tiered retail marketing support program specializing in training, merchandising and assisted sales.
• FedEx Office - Awarded BDS a 2-year contract as their agency of record for all merchandising and new store services based on outperforming three competing vendors on budget, completion, and compliance rates.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above. (Do NOT list your URLs below.)
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader of this nominated organization:
Mark Dean, As founder and CEO of BDSmktg, Mark Dean is the heart and soul of BDS. Drawing on more than 30 years of marketing and business management experience, he channels this knowledge into an organization that prizes innovation and teamwork. Noted as an inspirational leader, Mark has an innate talent for bringing out the best in people and accepts nothing less. Mark is responsible for ensuring that BDS is a well-managed, profitable agency that is an "employer of choice" in Orange County. His responsibilities also include providing senior level strategy and consultation services to the agency's vast client base.