Company: Keurig, Inc., Reading, MA
Entry Submitted By: Gear Communications
Company Description: Keurig, Incorporated, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of single-cup brewing systems. Keurig's proprietary brewing system combines a pressurized hot water brewer with multiple varieties of K- Cup® portion packs, which feature a patented design that preserves the freshness of gourmet coffee and tea.
Nomination Category: Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Best Executive – Non-Services Businesses – up to 2,500 Employees
Nomination Title: Michelle Stacy, President
Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated executive during the eligibility period (up to 500 words):
During the eligibility period, Michelle Stacy, President of Keurig, Incorporated, was a driving force in the following successes:
• Michelle Stacy spear-headed the re-development of the Keurig® value proposition and tag line, “Choose. Brew. Enjoy.” which has successfully positioned Keurig® as the leader in the single-serve brewing industry. The Keurig® value proposition clearly focuses on choice, quality and convenience of the K-Cup® portion pack and brewer system.
• Keurig® is widely recognized as the net sales driving force for parent company, GMCR., Inc.2011 third quarter fiscal report reported net sales up 127% over the same period in fiscal 2010.
• During 2011, Keurig, Incorporated reached the billion dollar sales mark.
• In February of 2011 Michelle, Keurig and GMCR successfully partnered with Dunkin’ Donuts for Dunkin Donut coffee to be available in K-Cup® portion packs sold at Dunkin Donuts franchisees nationally.
• In March of 2011 Michelle, Keurig and GMCR successfully partnered with Starbucks to make Starbucks coffee and tea available in K-Cup® portion packs sold at retailers nationwide.
During the past year and prior, Michelle has led Keurig to impressive growth and faciliated partnerships (Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks) that will solidify the Keurig brand as a household name.
List the URLs (web addresses) of any online news stories, press releases, or other documents that you would like the judges to see that support your entry. IMPORTANT: List each URL on a separate line, begin each URL with http://, and enclose each URL in square brackets. For example, [http://www.yourcompany.com/pressrelease.html]:
Third Quarter Fiscal Reporting 2011
Keurig and Dunkin Donuts Partnership
Keurig and Starbucks Partnership
Boston Globe - Keurig Feature
Boston Globe Top 10 Places to Work
Provide a brief biography of the nominated executive (up to 100 words):
Michelle Stacy was appointed President of Keurig, Incorporated in 2008. Michelle brings to Keurig® more than 20 years’ experience as a senior executive in marketing and global business management with The Gillette Company, and more recently Procter & Gamble. Immediately prior to joining Keurig®, Michelle served as Managing Partner of Archpoint Consulting, a professional services firm. At P&G,Ms. Stacy was Vice President, General Manager of Global Professional Oral Care where she was responsible for the Global Professional activities for the Crest and Oral-B brands. Michelle holds a BA from Dartmouth College and an MBA from Kellogg School at Northwestern University.