Company: IndoPacific Edelman
Company Description: Edelman in Indonesia, member of Edelman Worldwide, is Indonesia’s largest PR firm with over 100 employees offering corporate communications, public affairs, crisis management, and consumer PR. In the past six years, Edelman in Indonesia has won IPRA Frontline Award, Stevie Award, Cakram Award as Indonesia’s PR Agency of The Year, PR Week Award, and Indonesian IPRA Award.
Nomination Category: Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, & Public Relations Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Marketing - Consumer Products
Nomination Title: Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) integrated marketing communication ‘Taiwan Excellence’ Campaign in Indonesia
Tell the story about this nominated campaign since 1 January 2010 (up to 500 words). Be sure to cover the genesis, development, performance, and results of the campaign.
Taiwan has several world leading ICT brands including Acer, Asus, BenQ, Trend Micro, D Link and HTC which are part of day to day life of consumers in Indonesia but most consumers are not aware of these brands as Taiwanese. Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and on their behalf TAITRA launched its ‘Taiwan Excellence’ campaign in Indonesia to build the awareness and good image of Taiwan’s ICT industry and brands. 19 Taiwan ICT brands joined the campaign.
IndoPacific Edelman created a digital led integrated marketing communications campaign for TAITRA Indonesia which was supported by traditional media and direct to consumer activities. Building the campaign from scratch, the firm’s’ Technology, Digital, Events and Creative teams collaborated to develop and implement the plan from May- November 2010. The challenge was to make an aggressive outreach to consumers about Taiwan Excellence in a short duration of only six months (Jun – Nov2010) and ensure all activities go on in parallel for maximum impact.
Highlights of the campaign:
• Creating the entire digital presence of Taiwan Excellence in Indonesia (website, FB, Twitter, youtube)
• Promoting the website, FB, Twitter through interesting content, contests, quizzes, web banners, blogger and discussion forum engagement
• Appointment, event and digital promotion of celebrity endorser Cathy Sharon
• Media outreach including media conferences, interviews, news releases, story pitches
• Organizing interesting and creative consumer interactive activities during four Mall events in Jakarta including during an ICT gaming event organized by TAITRA
• TAITRA wanted TV coverage while the total budget did not allow it. IndoPacific Edelman recommended instead creation of a cinema ad to reach a captive audience which highlighted the key messages. Completely conceptualized by IndoPacific Edelman’s technology and creative teams, the cinema ad was developed around the theme of “A Day in Your Life Touched by Taiwan Technology”. The ad was screened in cinema chain, Blitz Megaplex for 12 weeks
• Conceptualized and organized a Taiwan International Brand Forum which brought together experts from Taiwan and Indonesia to share Taiwan’s excellence in ICT and lessons for Indonesia. It included sharing of roadmap of technology excellence by Acer and Asus and presentations by Taiwan and Indonesia ICT experts. Government representatives in Indonesia attending the event were highly appreciative of Taiwan’s achievements and also Taiwan’s efforts to build Indonesia’s ICT industry
The following were the achievements as against the KPIs established by MOEA and TAITRA.
• Media coverage achieved was 97 articles (KPI : 70 articles); achieved ROI of 307% on commercial value of coverage
• Website unique visitors : 41,203 (KPI : 6,000) ; website page views : 77,254 (KPI :25,000)
• Facebook fans : 6,271 (KPI :1,000)
The campaign has created an effective foundation for Taiwan Excellence in Indonesia in building the image of Taiwan ICT brands as high quality brands. AC Nielsen was appointed by the client to do the pre and post campaign survey and the results in change of awareness and meeting of KPIs allowed MOEA and TAITRA to extend this campaign for 2011.
List hyperlinks to any online news stories, press releases, video clips, work samples, or other documents that support the claims made in the section above. IMPORTANT: Begin each link with http://, and enclose each link in square brackets; for example, [http://www.youraddress.com]:
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader(s) of the team that carried out this nominated communications program:
Rachna Sharma, Technical Adviser, Client Leader has set up IPE’s technology practice, building it into Indonesia’s only specialist technology PR practice with client experience including Intel, Oracle, Hutchison Telecom, Juniper Networks and Acer.
Kristy Nelwan, Consultant, Client Co-owner provides communication and media counsel to her clients MEC Coal, the Taiwan Trade Centre and Grand Sahid Jaya Hotels. She is a published writer and consumer technology enthusiast.
Renny Rengganis, Consultant, Client Co-owner provides PR services for clients such as Intel, Oracle, O2, Lenovo, Hutchison, ZTE, Acer and Juniper Networks.