Company: Ketchum Estratégia, São Paulo, Brazil
Company Description: A Ketchum Estratégia is a Public Relations agency affiliated to the Omnicom Groupo, with 20 years of experience in the PR market. With 90 employees and has expertise in areas such as media relations, corporate communications, interactive communications, events, crisis managment, research and government Relations.
Nomination Category: Public Relations Awards / PR Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Social Media Focused
Nomination Title: Corrente do Bem
Tell the story about this nominated campaign since January 1 2009 (up to 500 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
Since 2006, P&G (a global multibrand company) and UNICEF have been together
accomplishing an international campaign with the Pampers® brand (diapers) to
raise donations for UNICEF from products sales. After four years of
international accomplishment, the endeavour - baptized as Corrente do Bem was
launched in Brazil with the support of some celebrities, and also included four
Challenge and Objectives
Corrente do Bem was released to magazines, newspapers, radio, and television.
The major challenge was, however, greater than just using the social medias to
announce the campaign, it was about interacting directly with the consumer. P&G
wanted to come closer, which is something that adds and articles in conventional
press don’t provide. The objective was to create a digital strategy to engage,
mobilize, and to produce ties and links of a chain that would position the
consumer as the leading role of the campaign.
Another defying factor was the very different kinds of public - several millions
of people with different features, profiles, ages, and moments in life.
Ketchum's hard task was to identify and then properly engage consumers into a
Founded on three pillars: divulge, generate traffic, and relate. The following
actions were developed:
The initiative was structured around a differentiated hotsite -
http://www.correntedobem2010.com.br - which was capable of connecting the many
audiences and channels in one same place. The website was built to become the
central point of the campaign, and it functioned as a real "aggregator" of
- Twitter profile updating (@correntedobem_)
- list of blogs that supported the campaign
- videos and pictures of the launching
- news and contents with space for comments
- downloads of wallpaper for Twitter, stamps for blogs, and skins for Messenger
- Facebook app (correntedobem_) - to purchase P&G's fictitious products and to
compete for prizes.
• Building-up relationship with consumers
Talking directly with consumers in already existing social networks.
• Multimedia coverage of the launching event
Throughout the launch there were films, pictures, and several posts with
celebrities and bloggers that were attending the event.
• Celebrities endorsements
The videos recorded during the launch were published in Videolog and YouTube
• Raffles within the communities
Products kits were raffled amongst the followers of Twitter and Facebook channels.
• From January to March 2010, the campaign reached 3.1 million people in more
than 2.0 thousand social media channels and profiles.
• Hotsite: More than 1,600 visits and 4,312 pageviews per month.
• Average visiting time: 3 minutes and 35 seconds
• Over 56 thousand campaign video exhibitions
• 1,070 positive votes / pageviews on bookmarking sites
• 100 blogs and more than 500 thousand people impacted in the blogosphere
• Over 100 thousand internet users reached through Twitter
• The @correntedobem_ profile added up more than 800 followers (6 times more
than the national average of 126 followers)
• 1,639 Twitter users participated of the raffles
• Profile messages were "retwitted" 626 times
• 370 people joined the Facebook app
• Divulging within 105 communities and 2,453,287 internet users impacted in the
List hyperlinks to any online work samples, news stories, press releases, or other documents that support the claims made in the section above. IMPORTANT: Begin each link with http://, and enclose each link in square brackets; for example, [http://www.youraddress.com]:
http://www.easy-share.com/1910872039/Anexos_CorrentedoBem - English.ppt
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader(s) of the team that carried out this nominated communications program:
Wallace Baldo – Digital Communications Manager at Ketchum Estratégia
Responsible for starting the Digital Communications area at Ketchum Estratégia,
Wallace Baldo has great expertise in developing social media actions to
communication projects on behalf of major clients. The area managed by the
executive provides services linked to social media, such as blogs, social networks,
forums, Wikipedia, YouTube and any online media allowing user interaction and
collaboration. As a recognition for its work, he was runner-up at IPRA Golden
Awards in 2009, with a social media project developed for several P&G brands.