Company: BE Aerospace, Wellington, FL
Company Description: B/E Aerospace is the worldwide leading manufacturer of aircraft passenger cabin interior products for the commercial and business jet aircraft markets. B/E Aerospace is also the leading global distributor of aerospace fasteners. B/E Aerospace has leading worldwide market shares in all of its major product lines.
Nomination Category: Company / Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Company of the Year - Aerospace & Defense
Nomination Title: BE Aerospace
Tell the story about what this nominated organization achieved since January 1 2011 (up to 500 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
After a choppy ride during the Great Recession, BE Aerospace is cruising through clear skies. Palm Beach Post via ChicagoTribune.com
• 2011 results were the best in the Company’s history. New records for sales, earnings, cash flow, bookings, and backlog
• “We had an extremely successful and productive 2011…our 2011 results were thebest in the company's history. It was a year in which we set new records forsales, earnings, cash flow, bookings and backlog…. our businesses had solidmarket successes in all 3 of our segments” Amin J. Khoury, February 1, 2012
• B/E Aerospace Wins Exclusive Boeing Award
• “in what might well had been our most significant award ever… The estimatedvalue of the award is in excess of $800 million, exclusive of retrofit orders ,and integrates four proprietary B/E Aerospace products : Spacewall™ technologylavatory structure, vacuum toilet, LED lighting, and lavatory oxygen system.
• Star Alliance selected B/E Aerospace as its development partner for long-haul economy seats.
• To date, Pinnacle™ platform seat has received orders for ~1,300 aircraft valued at ~$650 million (3 Star Alliance members so far)
• Multiple awards from Delta Airlines for our seating, engineering services and food and beverage preparation and storage equipment .
• Business Jet Segment (BJS) continued to expand super first class market leadership position with significant wins at Emirates, Japan Airlines, Etihad, and Qatar.
• Goodrich significantly expanded its contract with our Consumables Management Segment (CMS) and also named B/E Aerospace supplier of the year.
• CMS was awarded preferred supplier status by Bell helicopter and won the Platinum supplier award from Aviation Partners .
• Seating business was once again awarded and retained Boeing?s “Gold Rating”
• Named best seating supplier by Airbus
• Global supply chain initiative achieved a 27% year-over-year improvement in low cost country (LCC) sourcing. LCC sourcing generates savings of ~30% for each part sourced . Investor Presentation 2012
Continued growth in orders will be driven by robust wide-body aircraft delivery outlook and solid aftermarket demand for retrofit, refurbishment and spares
• Increasing wide-body aircraft deliveries : Expected to grow strongly over the next several years; ~20% CAGR 2011 to 2015
• Growing SFE revenues : Expected to grow from ~$100 million in 2011 to ~$400 million in 2015
• Record backlog of ~$7.9 billion: Includes ~$4.4 billion awarded but not yet booked SFE programs
• Growing installed base of ~$8.4 billion : Drives retrofit, refurbishment and spares revenues
• High quality, diverse, global customer base
• Track record of expanding operating margins. Investor Presentation March 2012
The company says sales are on pace to soar to $3 billion this year. That's up 50 percent from 2010's $2 billion, and it's enough to make BE Aerospace the third-largest publicly traded company based in Palm Beach County, after only Next-Era Energy and Office Depot. "Global passenger traffic continues to grow, and airline load factors continue near all-time highs," Khoury said. Palm Beach Post via ChicagoTribune.com
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above.
Wellington airplane outfitter's sales are soaring
Investor Presentation March 2012
Amin J. Khoury at BE Aerospace's CEO Discusses Q4 2011 Results – Earnings Call Transcript February 1, 2012 | about: BEAV
B/E Aerospace Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Results Exceed Expectations
B/E Aerospace Wins Exclusive Boeing Award
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader of this nominated organization:
BIO of Chairman and CEO Amin J. Khoury
During Mr. Khoury’s career, he has founded and/or developed companies in the scientific instrument, medical services, medical devices, aerospace and semi-conductor process equipment businesses. Mr. Khoury received a master’s degree in business administration with distinction from Northeastern University. A member of the Phi Kappa Phi and Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Societies, he also received Northeastern’s prestigious Medallion Achievement Award. Mr. Khoury also holds Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Chemistry. He currently serves on the boards of B/E Aerospace, Inc. as well as Synthes, Inc.