Company: Agilent Technologies
Company Description: Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is a global technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company’s 29,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had a net revenue of $6.1 billion in fiscal year 2003. In 1999, Agilent became an independent company when it separated from Hewlett-Packard.
Nomination Category: Company / Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Company of the Year - Chemicals
Nomination Title: Agilent Technologies
Tell the story about what this nominated organization achieved since January 1 2011 (up to 500 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
No other company offers the breadth and depth of measurement tools and expertise to meet the world’s critical requirements for electronic and bio-analytical measurement. With our long track record and our exclusive focus on measurement, Agilent is the global industry leader—by virtually any measure.
With a singular focus on measurement, Agilent helps:
• Advance next-generation wireless communications
• Help the military become more flexible, mobile and reliable
• Enable nondestructive subsurface electronic testing of semiconductor materials
• Analyze the causes and cures for disease
• Make the world more safe and secure from crime and drugs
• Aid in the discovery and quality of medicines
• Keep our air, water, soil and food clean and safe
• Agilent joins the newly formed Synthetic Biology Institute at UC Berkeley as its first Industry member.
• China becomes the first country outside the United States to achieve over $1 billion in orders with Agilent during a single year.
• Received a Global Frost & Sullivan Award for Company of the Year
• Recognized as one of America's greenest companies, ranking 11th in Newsweek's third annual evaluation of the environmental performance of the 500 largest publicly traded companies in the United States.
Agilent holds many product and market leadership positions, including being first worldwide in overall test and measurement products, as well as in gas chromatographs and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. Agilent is also a leading test and measurement equipment supplier to the telecommunications industry.
Agilent continues to support the values that made Dave Packard and Bill Hewlett's company a success: dedication to innovation; trust, respect and teamwork; and uncompromising integrity. Added to these are speed, focus and accountability to meet customer needs and create a culture of performance that draws on the full range of people's skills and aspirations.
Bill Sullivan, Agilent president and CEO, said, "Our fourth quarter wrapped up a solid fiscal year 2011 as we delivered the best operating performance in our history."
• Generated 21% revenue growth and 48% EPS growth
• Increased manufacturing capacity to manage increased customer demand
• Expanded footprint in emerging economies
Agilent is Well Positioned in 2012
• Expect to maintain our solid operating model through the economic cycle, raising the bar on pperational excellence and leveraging variable cost model
• Organizational structure in place to leverage the operational strength across businesses, driving margin improvements and geographic expansion
Continue to focus on four point strategy
1. Market reach and customer trust
• Sales, service, and support reach into over 100 countries
• #1 customer loyalty ranking in every major product category*
• 42% of employees based in Asia
2. Technology leadership
• 10% Revenue invested in R&D and ~2600 employees
• Highest performing Oscilloscopes, Sources & Signal Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Liquid and Gas Chromatographs, and Mass Spectrometers
• Among the lowest instrument cost of sales in the industry
• Purchasing power and infrastructure leverage
• Top quartile employee satisfaction
• Well below average industry turnover
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above. (Do NOT list your URLs below.)
Annual Report Meeting http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTMxNDE0fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1
Green Company http://www.agilent.com/about/newsroom/presrel/2011/18oct-gp11020.html
Analyst Meeting Presentation http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?t=1&item=VHlwZT0yfFBhcmVudElEPTQ3MjU1OTJ8Q2hpbGRJRD00NTgyMTg=
2011 Results http://www.agilent.com/about/newsroom/presrel/2011/15nov-gp11022.html
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader of this nominated organization:
William P. (Bill) Sullivan is president and chief executive officer of Agilent Technologies. Prior to his appointment in March 2005, Sullivan was the company’s executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Sullivan received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California at Davis. He serves on the Board of Directors of URS Corporation, Avnet, Inc. and the Children’s Discovery Museum in San Jose, California.