Company: Engauge, Atlanta, GA
Company Description: Engauge is one of the nation’s largest independent marketing agencies, a total engagement agency that melds technology and creativity to ignite business growth for leading brands.
Nomination Category: Live Event Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Best Consumer Event
Nomination Title: Chick-fil-A Chicago Premiere Event
1. The date on which this nominated production was first presented:
Date of the event was April 20, 2010
2. Briefly describe the nominated event's communications objectives and how it met those objectives (up to 500 words). After this description, provide URLs to online photographs, video clips, press clippings, etc. that will portray the event for the judges. IMPORTANT: Begin each link with http://, and enclose each link in square brackets; for example, [http://www.youraddress.com]:
This event was designed to raise awareness regarding Chick-fil-A’s plans for
expansion into the Chicago area.
• To generate buzz and excitement about Chick-fil-A’s expansion
• To connect with loyal Chick-fil-A fans living in the Chicago area
• To create Chick-fil-A Brand Ambassadors
Chick-fil-A met these objectives by heavily focusing on Social Media, with
Facebook playing the key role throughout the entire event process.
Before the event:
A Chicago Tab was added to Chick-fil-A’s Facebook Fan Page. This tab provided
information about the upcoming event including: guest speakers, event
performers, directions on how to RSVP to the event, and remaining RSVPs. 600
brand loyal guests attended as a result of Chick-fil-A’s Facebook promotions.
During the event:
Attendees were given two gift cards for a free Chick-fil-A sandwich.
Representatives at the event encouraged guest to use one gift card personally
and give the other card away, in an effort to spread the word about the chain’s
expansion. Guest also received a promotional code,EATMORCHIKIN, which unlocks a
special message from President and COO Dan Cathy on the “Chick-fil-A in Chicago”
Fan Page. Supporters that could not attend were invited to watch the event live
on an Ustream feed from Chick-fil-A’s official fan page.
After the event:
Attendees were encouraged to engage with the brand on both Facebook and Twitter,
helping extend the word as brand ambassadors. Also, information on the Chicago
Tab was updated to include photos from the event, locations sites for store
openings, and special thanks were given to everyone who attended the event.
The event gave fans much to buzz about. From the attractive venue to the much
loved menu items, enthusiastic guests seemed to enjoy the speeches, dancing cows
and swag bags. Chick-fil-A’s Premiere Event is a great example of how event and
social media marketing can be successfully coupled together.
Link to the recorded video on Ustream:
Link to Chick-fil-A Facebook Ustream tab:
Link to Chick-fil-A Chicago tab:
3. List the appropriate creative and production credits for this entry: Advertising Agency/City: Client: Art Director: Cinematographer: Creative Director: Designer: Director: Illustrator/City: Music Producer/City: Photographer/City: Printer/City: Producer: Production Company/City: Programmer: Writer: Web Development Firm/City:
Advertising Agency- Engauge/Atlanta: Chief Digital Officer-Jeff Hilimire: Client-
Chick-fil-A: Cinematographer- Andrew Jones: Creative Director- Jeremy Brady:
Social Media Account Lead-Josh Martin: Video Production Team- Digital Ink & Motion